MPD client. Allow to do file browsing, tag search and add URLs. Includes Podcast management to server playing. Full open source version.
bitMPC is a graphical client for MPD to be executed over any Android platform (version 1.5 or higher).
Main application objectives are to allow almost fully control on MPD server, taking care on mobile battery consumption and limited persistent space capacities.
bitMPC client add as new feature, the possibility to manage RSS subscriptions for PodCast resources in server side from client application.
bitMPC name is the join of bit prefix (common on Bitendian Ltd. developed applications) with the acronym MPC.
Most stable version of this application can be downloaded completely free from Android Market -the project is in beta stage-, or last development version from Bitendian Ltd. web site.
This application has been dessigned and implemented at Bitendian Ltd. (bitendian.com) by Juanan Guerrero (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Inherent bitMPC features
· Multiple connection profiles with MPD servers.
· Sliding control panel, accessible from any tab.
· Tab «now playing» with direct access to current playing song and browsable playlist.
· Search current song with slide bar.
· Playlist management and one-click play.
· Allow to play remote URLs on server from client.
· File browsing database indexed files with add files, folders and playlist features.
· Search by tags.
· RSS subscription list with auto-update in each query (application does not save local information to improve space efficiency).
· Allow to play any RSS complain resource to server from client.
· State bar.
· «Smart button» that exec – with one click. from any application screen – most common commands (play, pause, stop, connect and disconnect from server).
· Interactive repeat and random play icons.
· Application Icons has been designed following the Android «icon design guidelines» to keep device look and feel.
Inherents MPD features
· Play Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, MP2, MP3, MP4/ACC, MOD, Musepack, wave files and any other FFmpeg supported format.
· MPDF remote control over network (IPv4 and IPv6 both supported).
· Play FLAC, OggFLAC, MP3 and OggVorbis HTTP streams.
· Read and store metadata (ID3 (id3v1 and id3v2)), Vorbis comments, and MP4 metadata.
· Metadata can be search.
· Buffered play supported (solve short interrupts by system overload or high latency network).
· Play without pauses.
· Crossfading support.
· Seek and play support.
· Save, load and manage playlists (M3U format).
· Volume control (OSS, ALSA, Pulseaudio and software mixers).